Thursday, February 12, 2015

Charles Barkley and Analytics

Watched Charles Barkley view on Analytics saying that its crap and it doesn't work. I did my final year project on a horse handicap system to work out the chances of a horse based on different measurement factors. So of course I vehemently disagree with Barkley on this topic.

I used to like Barkley but this comment and him disparaging people who are interested in statistics is an attack on all of use who like to predict stuff based on past performance. I believe he is more intelligent then the comment so it doesn't make sense to me.

Barkley talks about talent but isn't talent defined by measured stats like losses, wins, defensive and offensive statistics. Those statistics against measured opposition.  All this stats have an effect can show how talented a player is, as I would take the top 10 players in Fantasy basketball over the bottom 10 players.

Based on my lens on basketball Barkley has become less relevant and I am guessing this is one of his last attempts of getting his name in lights again. Feel sorry that this has happened


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home